Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Update of sorts.



Now that "Jeff Smith and the Destruction of Atlantis" finally shipped from amazon yesterday. I feel closer to uncovering the truth. Not really, but I am excited. It won't be here for a few weeks sadly. Jeff Smith played Dracula from what I can tell... so I guess there's no guarantee that there will even be a clip with Gregory Battcock as Batman. Still, it looks like it's as close as I'm going to get. They said it's a lost video... but obviously if there are scenes from it in "Jeff Smith and the Destruction of Atlantis" then SOMEONE has a copy. Also, my books arrived from St. John's as well. That's swell. 




Still on the topic of Andy Warhol, did you know that he created a series of prints entitles "myths" which basically deals with contemporay mythos through pop culture. Similar to what I'm hoping to explore. 


Myths; Superman
Screenprint on Lenox Museum Board.
1981
38" x 38"

What better contemporary myth to screenprint but the man of steel/apollo/Jesus Christ creature?
... But more on Superman later. That's a whole 'nother can o' worms.




No comments:

Post a Comment