Thursday, January 26, 2012

Childhood toys




As a child I had two doll houses. One was a barbie doll-house knock-off that never quite fit my barbies (they had to bend over to fit in.) and the other was this:


This toy was the coolest. I loved both of my doll houses.  The Wayne Manor had collapsible windows on top that you could crash through. I remember as a child I used to sleep with my batman and robin action figures most nights. Can't seem to track down those exact toys on the interwebs. 

This was my other favorite toy in the entire world:


This velociraptor toy was the bane of existence for of anyone who played with me. Always made the barbies marry the dinosaur. But why? One day I accidentally dropped it over by the farm. Years later my dad accidentally dug it up with a tractor and brought it back. Still have it. Such a great toy.

My favorite barbies I owned:



Becky. Because she had the best clothes and accessories, and strangely was very pose-able and moveable unlike the other barbies. 


 The other was shaving Ken. I have no idea why. Perhaps it has the longer hair. what a strange toy. I think you could style his hair too, but my Ken's hair always looked like that too. I think this toy could also double as "College Ken."





1 comment:

  1. Awwweee little Manda must have been the funniest kid. The fact that you had a batman doll house KILLS me.
    You're totally the sister my brother wished he had. He was always trying to smash things into my doll house - had to buy him his own Ken doll at one point so he'd stop destroying mine.
    And Shaving Ken is TOTALLY college Ken. Add a couple paint stains and he could even be VA Ken.

    ReplyDelete